There are going to be days when you won’t have the energy or drive to get out of bed. There are going to be days when you’re going to want to give up – give up on love, life, or school. The thing is, you’re not allowed to give up. You were given a life and you’re supposed to live it. The truth is the seventy or eighty years that you’re given isn’t long enough to do the things you’re supposed to do. Sure, you’re gonna hit a few bumps along the way, but you’ve got to pick yourself up and move on. Life is unpredictable and things might not always work out the way you want them to, but that’s no reason to give up. You’re here for a reason and someday when you’re not expecting it, you’re going to discover your reason for being here. And when that does happen, your life will never be the same again.
- Men are not the enemy. For that matter, neither are women. We’re all in this together.
- Find what you love doing and do it.
- Don’t let anyone tell you what you’re capable of.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Learn to forgive the mistakes of others.
- Know that life is a series of highs and lows and that’s okay.
- No one is going to save you. Learn to save yourself.
- Be exactly who you are and the right people will love you.
- Being part of someone’s life is a privilege. Treat it as such.
- Don’t try and look like the women you see in magazines. Even they don’t look like that.
There are women who make things better… simply by showing up. There are women who make things happen. There are women who make their way. There are women who make a difference. And women who make us smile. There are women of wit and wisdom who- through strength and courage- make it through. There are women who change the world everyday… Women like you.
— Ashley Rice (via observando)